Tuesday 7 May 2013

My Spring swap card for Wendy

This is the card I made for Wendy, I love this image that Betty gave us for the swap. 



I accidently bought the wrong card to use with my promarkers and ended up with a mottled effect, although I liked it on the dress as it added texture. 

I used the trace function on my cameo to print and cut the digi which took some time to work out but I love that I don't have to hand-cut the images because I'm rubbish at cutting around images and have ruined so many after colouring them. I also cut the card out with the cameo, its so nice have so many different options for card bases now at the touch of a button (even if it drives me nuts sometimes and I end up wasting paper because I'm still learning). I can't believe Wendy and I made the same card base, especially as I'd never made one like this before, great minds hee hee. 

I added some punched flowers to her basket with liquid pearl centres and the paper roses were a gift from a friend who had them left over from her wedding stationary. I kept it quite simple as I wanted the image to stand out, I'm really happy with how she turned out in the end. 



I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges 









The digi reminded me of a lovely day we went cycling in March last year, it was such a difference from this year when it snowed!!

20 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kathy!! Cute image and the die is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card you made for Wendy! I know she loved it! Really like how you added the little flowers in the basket! Great thinking!
    Darcy BIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Love the papers and image.

    TFS from BIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, that was super ca-ute & you should post more your creative!!!
    TFS
    from BIF group

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge and cute image! Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo of you. My card is sitting in my scrapbook room so I can look t it daily. Hugs my friend
    Wendy and jazz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! Love the papers you used, your cool design, the darling image, the embellishments and die cuts. Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. great image and love the roses at the bottom. thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Heck!! This is Stunning! I Love the stamp and I love your Card! Wow!!
    Hugss and Blessings,
    KimberlyRae
    http://kreationsbykimberlyrae.com/blog
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card...wish I took a pic of mine :(

    Tanya
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did your swap buddy not take one? maybe you could copy it xox

      Delete
  11. WOw! thanks for showing us the pix of you...great inspiration!

    Happy BIF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your entry and thanks for sharing with us at TIOT!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable card and cute little image. I just love the girl on the bike! BIF

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely.The colours are so fresh and Springlike and just love the added dimension given by the flowers in her basket.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you have a photo so similar to the image. So fun! Your card is lovely. I really like the added flowers to her basket...very cute detail. Thanks for joining our Floral Delights challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute.... TFS from BIF, xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! I need to take out my Cameo and use it more often. Thanks for joining us at Digi Galore Challenges!

    Dena Jones
    Digi Galore DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab job... Love it and your colors are PERFECT!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete